Last month I was nominated for a beautiful blogger award by Winter Owls, a blog that I absolutely love! Apart from her love of owls (which you all know I share), she writes a lovely posts that I enjoy reading on a variety of crafty subjects. It’s been a joy to discover her in the last year. Thank you for nominating me!
The Rules A Few Guidelines:
- Thank the person who nominated you — tick.
- Post the award image to your page — tick.
- Tell seven facts about yourself — keep reading…
- Nominate other bloggers for the award and let them know about the nomination.
Seven facts about me:
- I love living in London, although when I was growing up I thought it would be the last place I would end up living (I moved here when I got married).
- My favourite time of year is autumn because I love the different colours and the nip in the air (I even don’t mind the rain).
- My ideal place to live would be in the middle of no where, with enough land for a couple of goats, at least one pig and alpacas. It is a dream that I very much doubt will happen and probably wouldn’t be nearly as idyllic as I imagine if it did!
- I met my husband when I was 18 and moved to London to work as youth worker. His parents kindly opened there home to me as I was struggling to find somewhere to live and I got to know him over a weekly Sunday Lunch (he lived at his own place). He doesn’t want to live in the middle of no where with many different animals (I don’t really blame him!).
- I can’t decide whether my favourite craft is crocheting or sewing. I probably do a lot more crochet as it’s easier to pick up and put down and I’m really glad I plucked up the courage to learn.
- I’m really bad at using patterns, apart from knitting and prefer to ‘wing it’. Although when it comes to baking I have to follow a recipe and not deviate from at all. I’d be terrible on ‘Great British Bake Off’.
- Apart from a crash course from my Great Aunt when I was a child, in cross stitch, I’ve taught myself to sew, knit, bake, crochet and embroider. Still, she was my inspiration and started a life long love of most things crafty. It means that most of my crafts are a bit trial and error and I’m sure if someone who has learnt properly saw how I did things, they would be horrified. However I find crafting relaxing and I don’t really care as long as I’m happy with the end result.
In no particular order the nominees are:
Handmade by Mia who makes beautiful felted items. I love them and her blog.
Busted Button who I have only discovered in the last few months but I really enjoy reading. She makes beautiful things out of buttons!
The Linen Cat who I mentioned in one of my pre-Christmas posts. I love the things she makes, she is a sewing inspiration!
Finally, Attic 24. Many of you may have heard of her before. I love her blog and her crochet. This was one of the things that finally persuaded me to knuckle down and learn to crochet. I wish I had her eye for colour!
Well I hoped you enjoyed that, just a bit of fun really. I will start posting again soon now that the holiday craziness is over and ‘normal’ life is resuming.